or Connect

Posts by LaymanX

Hi folks,   What's the consensus on this years cashmere crewneck/v-neck sweaters from Todd & Duncan?    In person, they certainly feel soft but I'm worried about stretching/pilling in general.   Thanks!
I think its pretty clear that there is some leverage over him, whether you care to use it or not.
crap
 Thanks. Too bad it's already sold. :( IMO, it's similar to the difference between shell cordovan versus normal calf skin. Sure it's more pricey and heavy, but you get extraordinary depth of color and can achieve a great patina over time with FQHH.  Of course, it's totally different than CCP Kangaroo leather which is awesome as well, but in a totally different way. 
  *shrug*  Below is my Aero FQHH Highwayman. If that leather had any more character, it'd be played by Robert Downey Jr. And Chrisgold is correct, the leather is only stiff for a few months. Do you mind providing some examples of leather that you consider to be interesting?  
Just wanted to note that I'd be using different criteria altogether if I was indeed looking at RO, MMM, etc. I would consider fit, silhouette, design aspects that set it apart from other jackets in that class.    In my opinion, the concept of 'quality' does not mean the same across all leather jackets.
 Well first of all, I would never even begin to compare MMM to Aero. The only thing they'd have in common is that they're constructed with the hide of a dead animal.  So let me attempt to be more objective here: - Aero offers FQHH leather, a leather which simply has different properties than other more common leathers. It has a different sheen, grain, heft, patina. It's similar to the difference between shell cordovan and calf skin. - Aero jackets are made by highly...
It's not just the 'weight' of the leather however. It's the reinforcement of high stress areas, the heavy duty Talon zippers, the fact that they are able to work with this heavy FQHH and make such precise folds and stitches with it. It's hard to describe, but it just feels without a doubt like 'high quality'. Everything just feels like it will last a long time.    That said, it's definitely not everyone's cup of tea. The majority of Aero's cuts are not meant for the SF...
I've owned 2 Aeros (and sold them both due to fit issues). While the fit ultimately wasn't right for me, I can say that the construction, leather quality of my jackets were fantastic. You hold it and it feels like something you can pass onto your children, which is pretty amazing in a world dominated by trendy fast fashion.    I've never owned a ToJ (sold my spot), but own a Schott and a Golden Bear, and Aero jackets aren't even in the same tier by a long shot.    I'm...
 The Bay at Eaton Center (Toronto) was selling it for a while last year. It definitely fits a bit weird from what I can remember.