or Connect

Posts by caxt

I too debated the merits of A JD vs. an MBA, and while I have largely decided on Law, I'm interested on what advice is being offered here. The man obviously wants to be a successful professional. So to those saying neither: what would you have in mind as a non-experienced, fresh off the campus history major?
Quote: Originally Posted by HgaleK Because you're going to shankin' a fool when he tries to jack yo shit, huh brah? As opposed to what? Just handing him my wallet? Maybe I could also tell him where to find my car and apartment, would that be better?
Enjoying a Montecristo by the pool. Second cigar of 2011, and the best Monte I've had in quite some time. Now if I could just get an even light...
Quote: Originally Posted by mrchariybrown what are your actual working sets? it looks as though you might be doing too many warm ups. what do you mean by this - "And 315 off a platform that puts me at bar level." assuming that you pull conventional, if you have trouble breaking the weight off the floor, do deficit deadlifts for a few weeks to build up your power off the floor. preferably from 3-4". Actual work sets are 3 sets of 345 for...
My EDC is a SOG Flash II non-serrated. And I hear what you're saying about college carry, I do it most of the time, but I also realize that if it somehow falls out or gets seen by some pansy I am going to be in hot water. My walk 2 miles to school and back everyday so I pretty much necessitates it though.
I need some deadlift advice. I am getting pretty close to a 405 pull but am not quite sure how to break over the edge. I train with a 5 day a week split with Back on Fridays. I loosely follow a modified max-ot template. (BTW I use a Trap Bar for deads.) Anyway, This morning I wanted to try for 405, in the past weeks I have been doing 345 for 3-4 sets of 6-8 reps. And 315 off a platform that puts me at bar level. My sticking point is the very beginning of the...
Oak trees and columns seem to do it for me.
Quote: Originally Posted by mehhhh Suggestions on how to do this? What is there to understand? People are disrespecting you because you let them. So don’t let them. You can be as dickish or as nice about it as you want, but don’t take that shit sitting down. I like a nice combination of superiority and sarcasm. Just interrupt people if you feel you’re being put down in any way, if they refuse to change their attitude (unlikely in a...
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Classter immediately cut off things others say that are unacceptable. +1 This right here is key.
Been thinking about this some more, My previous advice still stands, but in the future during similar situations I think it would be best to immediately offer to compensate him/them monetarily for his/their expense, -If they refuse you twice then drop it. (Unless of course you can not reasonably afford to do so.) It just strikes me as strange to spend so much on new friends. I would feel uncomfortable if any of my close friends did this and I did not make a serious...