or Connect

Posts by caxt

Not to mention campus carry is illegal in all but three or so universities...
The first gun depends on a lot of things: 1.\tMagazine capacity 2.\tIntended use (Target, Concealed Carry, Hunting, Plinking, Home defense etc.) 3.\tBy "pistol" I assume you mean non-revolver? That aside, the Glock 19 recommendation is a good one; it can probably fulfill your first and second gun requirements. Other generally good options: 1911, FNH FNP, Walther P99, Spring Field XD. Etc. Any gun you decide you want to buy should be test fired personally. -...
Some of you really need to get off your high horse and step into reality. Just because you have nice, easy, comfortable relationships between your family does not mean it also holds true for everyone else. It's obvious that this is not the first time his mother has made outrageous proposals, and also has probably fucked up a good portion of other peoples lives that he cares about. Condemning a man's character over a situation you can never fully understand is...
If you happen to stop in Edinburgh I would suggest trying the restaurant located at the Bonham Hotel. The food was excellent as one would expect from a nicer establishment, but what set it apart for me personally were the innovative and interesting ways the chef chose his menu design. The most standout dish was an appetizer of beef carpaccio and potato salad - while that seems a bit odd, I assure you it worked out beautifully. I would advise away from european...
If you ask me to spot you and can only manage one fucking rep (skull crushers) I will not help you, rather I will mock your inability to choose a correct weight, and suggest not lifting with your ego. (Fucker got one rep, then rested it on his forehead and asked for help. I took the barbell and said: "looks like your done here.")
Pad and pencil - for the aforementioned reasons. Tried laptop once during summer semester: when I wasn't on the internet between topics, I couldn't remember the material as well.
Quote: Originally Posted by v0rtex Is it even possible for truly great generalist thinkers to exist any more? There's an exponentially larger amount of information to process and manage that makes the likelihood of another Leonardo Da Vinci or Franklin much less likely. 150 years ago you could know everything there was to know about science, mathematics, philosophy, economics, etc. Still took time, but it was possible. Now it would not be possible...
Quote: Originally Posted by IUtoSLU Benjamin Franklin? Are you kidding me? He was the preeminent thinker of his time. How could you possible use him as the "perfect example" of a comparatively greater historic trend achievement? I use Franklin because of his early life experiences, and how he raised himself up from nothing. Expecting a life similar to Franklin's for everyone would of course be ridiculous, but earlier on through persistence...
Quote: Originally Posted by freeAgent I agree with a good amount of the article, and also agree that many aspects of it apply to women, as others have said. I, however, don't see myself as a pre-adult even though I'm in my 20's. The lifestyle and attitudes associated with the pre-adult male in this article don't describe me at all. Agreed. But there is some general truth behind the premise. Take for instance the example of the achieving...
Well, different philosophies I suppose. -Agree to disagree then.