or Connect

Posts by Countertenor

I just made a purchase of six of these... ...to be used by my wedding party: one for me, three for the Groomsmen, and two for the fathers. They will be part of my gifts to them. The linen is lightweight, but crisp and substantial. The rolls are quite elegant. It's a very pure white, and I imagine it would pop quite well with a dark suit. I also got one square: white with blue end-on-end edge, sort of like this... ...although the pattern was the snowflake, like...
Quote: Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo I'm going to join the Southwick chorus. There's a number of things hurting the Versace in the head-to-head. First, fusing, of course, its going to wear less luxuriously and get worse over time. Second, the herringbone, while it sounds very subtle, is nonetheless a pattern, making the suit less versatile (less formal at least). Third, you have the fashion-forwardness of the style, with its attendant close-to-the-body...
Joseph A Bank. There is this, though (from the shoes page)...
Quote: Originally Posted by kronik My gf just purchased a pair of Lindberg Air Titanium from a local retailer. Service was great, all that.. turnaround was quick. Needless to say, we get the glasses back and you can see the cracking/drilled area around the holes; think "cloudy" around the holes. Is this the norm? I think it goes with the territory. Mine have not gotten worse, though.
Quote: Originally Posted by TheHoff If you feel you look better in the Versace, your attitude while wearing it will override any minor differences in the cut. I have to use my imagination a bit, because everything is in the pre-alteration stage. That said, I don't think I necessarily look better in the Versace, even though it's a better as-is fit. Then again, a few push-ups and/or beers down the road, it may end up too tight anyway.
Interesting. Thanks for the replies. They're all about what I expected. Can anyone offer a dissenting opinion?
Quote: Originally Posted by philosophe The Southwick is obviously the safe, conservative choice. Where are you planning to wear the suit? I would not recommend wearing the versace to most job interviews. I see what you mean. I want this to be as versatile as possible: weddings, concerts, interviews, etc. And I certainly would not want the versatility of a solid navy suit to be offset by the cut. I would think that would be defeating the...
Quote: Originally Posted by macuser3of5 Fused interlining knocks something completely off my list. I used to not think it was a big deal, but I have 3 canvassed suits I am never going back. If you're going to wear this often, you will certainly notice the difference in quality and breathability when you wear it over extended periods of time. I certainly agree, and that certainly is a part of the deliberation. The Southwick is not fully...
To start, I'm 5'8", 150 pounds, and there seem to be more people my size on SF than there are in real life, so I feel like this is a good place to ask for advice (among other reasons, of course) . Also, for reference, I am 28 years old. I need a solid navy suit. At this very moment (and, of course, this all may change), I have it narrowed down to two suits. They are both 3-button suits with flat-front trousers. They are the same price. They are very different...
Oh man, it was my birthday yesterday, too!