or Connect

Posts by Countertenor

I'm sure they asked about the vent situation. Jackets with side vents are much more of a pain in the ass to take in (or let out, for that matter), and tailors will charge more for that reason.
Re: Thrift stores' firm prices... When you see a garment that you like, but you are balking somewhat at the price, inspect the garment for flaws. We're talking thrift stores here, so there is often a flaw (small moth hole here or there, rip in the lining, slight seam damage, etc.), and if it isn't marked "as is" or something, you should point it out to them. It's something that you should be checking anyway, for your own good, of course. Often, costing less than...
I tried it once, for a recent series of concerts. I did a solid navy suit with a nice white button-down non-dress shirt. Though people said it looked nice, some people commented that it had a certain... (ahem)... "presidential" feel...
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton I just want to note that women have a different take on these things than we do. To them, black shoes and anything navy above is just wrong. They would have to wear either navy shoes, or conversely keep the black shoes but wear black clothes. They cannot be made to understand that it is different for men. I was just going to try to explain this. The key issue in the OP is that the "talk" is being given by...
If the 38 is small enough. (Which begs the question, "Why is 38 the smallest size available in Hickey?")
Quote: Originally Posted by LA Guy I'd say that if you are getting Rockers or 1980s, you need to get your regular size. Otherwise, you could size down 1, but I personally recommend against doing so. +1 on Rockers & 1980s. I just got some 1950s sized down 1, and they're freakin' perfect, though. YMMV.
John Waters
Survey says: David Bowie - 74 Jason Priestley - 74 Nick Lachey - 73 Cuba Gooding, Jr. - 73 Liam Aiken - 73 Jensen Ackles - 73 Corey Feldman - 72 Gary Oldman - 72 Eddie Cibrian - 71 Antonio Banderas - 71 Yyyyyyyyyyyyeah...
When I was in middle school in the early 90's, I was a dead ringer for Macaulay Culkin, who is a year younger than I am. I mean, stop-me-in-the-street, as-me-for-my-autograph dead ringer.
I like how this has become the breakup-with-Jon. thread.