or Connect

Posts by yeayea

Ive been books like "On Being a Man" by Sam Keen and "Iron John" by Robery Bly lately - Heres the premise in brief: - Beginning with the Industrial Revolution, boys have spent consistently less and less time in the presence of men as mentors, as their fathers moved from farming and the trades to the office - Men spent 9 to 5 in the office and came home exhausted and watched TV, rather than mentoring the boys - Women became more of a role model as they were the...
Quote: Originally Posted by bBoy JEe Ah... cool cool. Every time I see a V-neck, I can't help but to think of older Italian men wearing a threadbare v-neck with khaki shoes and loafers (e.g. my godfather). So, for me, I'll never be able to wear v-necks. ha! i have the same thought of my uncle tony! i kinda like being reminded of that tho.. of course my tees are not paper thin and stained with tomato sauce (i only wish!)
Quote: Originally Posted by NoVaguy I don't know about those two models, but size 9 is probably the most commonly available size on ebay, as most store samples are in that size. wow.. you're right.. thanks
Quote: Originally Posted by drizzt3117 Good call. They'll be a good project. In the future though, you might want to look into something with a lower rise as well, that might be a bit more flattering. yeah.. the higher rise is why i didnt like them at first, but they are so recommended around here as the standard (low-cost) denim, i had to try them out but taking a look at what slamdog was able to do, stretching the waist might be a good...
based on the response here, i think im going to soak the 501s again
Quote: Originally Posted by drizzt3117 Vanity sized means that the jeans are actually bigger than the size, to make people feel better about themselves because they can fit into a smaller size. Ahh.. i was wondering how 32" jeans fit my 35" waist
Quote: Originally Posted by drizzt3117 Why would you size down 3 on the sliqs if your waist is really 35?" good question. the answer is that 32" waist on other jeans (levis 514s) are still loose on my. i was thinking a 32" is a 32" no matter the fit. is this naiveté on my part? (or just plain stupidity ) Quote: Originally Posted by drizzt3117 I don't understand why you're sizing down on Sliqs which aren't vanity...
Quote: Originally Posted by chronoaug A good slim fit(not tight) will work for you. It works for pretty much everyone. You can just say you're afraid of trying on something slimmer. I've seen bigger dudes than you wear classy looking slim jeans with no problem. do i need to up the waist size on a slim fit jean? i wear a 32" in the levis 514s and they have a bit of room in the waist. everytime i try a slim fit in 32" its very tight in the...
Quote: Originally Posted by drizzt3117 How big are your thighs/calves? I doubt slim fit won't work for you... 21.5" thighs 15" calves 35" waist i couldnt fit into the 32" waist sliqs
i agree they are still baggy (by SF standards) - i just meant that they were more fitted than my original pics (the pre-shrunk version) - i guess since they sit at the waist (and not the hips) they feel more fitted to me - i definitely agree that they are still loose - im afraid to shrink them more b/c i dont have room to give at the waist and inseam overall, what do you think? are they a good fit? are they SF approved? Can i rock a pair of RMWs in them? aside: i...