or Connect

Posts by yeayea

Quote: Originally Posted by gdl203 Congrats on finding a place! Now you should go celebrate a few blocks south at Robert's Steakhouse nice! thanks for the tip! Quote: Originally Posted by StockwellDay If you're happy with the neighborhood, you have a great deal for the price. Oh yeah, and as long as the roommate situation stays positive. Cool! Looks like I made a good move here. I dont know much about the...
Quote: Originally Posted by yeayea Is there an "everything-you-ever-wanted-to-know-about" shoe trees post? I searched and couldn't find one. To be honest, I dont want to know everything about shoe trees, just want to find some under $50 for my new AEs. I saw the container store has a pair for something like $18. Do I really need to drop ca$h on this item? Does it make a...
Well guys, I found a place! 53rd street on the West Side. The particulars: $1600/mo shared with 2 roomates Master bed with private bath Shared (1/2) living room and kitchen Fitness room Doorman Rooftop Deck The unit overlooks a landscaped courtyard so very quiet no street exposure Found on craigslist - roomies seem like pretty nice guys (young professionals) Per all of your advice I spend a great deal of time narrowing down the to the neighborhood that...
Is there an "everything-you-ever-wanted-to-know-about" shoe trees post? I searched and couldn't find one. To be honest, I dont want to know everything about shoe trees, just want to find some under $50 for my new AEs. I saw the container store has a pair for something like $18. Do I really need to drop ca$h on this item? Does it make a difference?
Quote: Originally Posted by millionaire75 Seriously, people walk so fast in NYC, it would almost make sense to wear running shoes.....however, there is never any excuse to wear the square toed monstrosities I see on 95% of the working population. I assume you take NJ transit trains everyday like me? Then you know what I am talking about when I say most forum members here would recoil in horror at the way most of the people dress on the...
Quote: Originally Posted by millionaire75 Commuting in NYC can be hell (which I suspect a lot members of this forum don't realize). Riding the trains, subways, walking in crowds, getting your feet stepped on, weather conditions, etc....sometimes I really find it hard to wear my best dress shoes....if you are more comfortable wearing rubber soles, go for it...nobody would bat an eye in NYC...someone said "what's the point of not looking sharp on the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Pundit Please, no sneakers, nothing undercuts a business "look" quicker -- men and women it matters not. Does everyone generally agree with this? I was just having this discussion with a friend of mine who swears that the guys in his office leave their shoes in the office and wear sneakers during the commute. I agree with the quote above. I mean, why go through all this trouble and not have a sharp look while...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jared Anyway who claims it doesn't is not in touch with their subconscious. +1 I think it is part of human nature to notice (and judge) people based on image. Not just clothes, but body language (posture, facial expressions, etc.). They say 90% of communication is non-verbal. I think image and style are a part of that non-verbal language. In my business, I work with real estate developers. I have to say...
Thanks guys. Im near New Brunswick. Yes, for alterations.
payment sent