or Connect

Posts by yeayea

Great stuff. Shopping at target is a new habit that I really don't feel very comfortable about anyway. There is more to my casual wear than my tees. I have some thin sweaters and button downs that I think are pretty decent. Will post pics soon. Losing my tims is gonna be the hardest part of this I think. Save em for wood-chopping i guess (*tear*). I will start looking around for new denim and shoes this week. Any further shoe suggestions? I really dont...
Quote: Originally Posted by Max The fit of the jeans is sort of busted, but you clearly came of age in the time of 36" leg openings so tighter jeans are going to take a little getting used to. You got me there. I dont feel comfortable in slender jeans. I like the Levis 509. Are they still too baggy?
its cool.. i can take criticism i was a 37 now im a 34.. my goal is 32 i agree with everything said so far.. keep it coming.. i guess ill ditch the jeans and pick up a fresh pair of decent yet cheap ones (ill check out the ones recommended by bona) aside from the interim jeans, i think the first "basic" i should get are new black shoes. (I know they will still fit in 3 months.) Ill research WAYWN for ideas. Can anyone start me off with suggestions? (PS...
just posted a 'baseline' description of my current style.. dont be gentle! http://styleforum.net/showthread.php...631#post451631
Hey guys, Thanks to all who gave me advise last week. Here's where Im starting from. A typical casual/street/denim outfit. My bio: Age - 32 Height - 5'6" Weight - 165 lbs normal to athletic build What I wore today: Pic #1 - Me with Massimo jeans, Stranded tee, Timberland boots Pic #2 - Same with Spiewak Jacket, knit scarf Pic#3 - my shoes - Timberland boots, Puma sneaks, Kenneth Cole shoes Pic #4 - my denim, Abercrombie and DKNY, Guess Belt Pics #5 - tees - threadless,...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jared +1 Buy a few quality pieces that are personal-style-agnostic. Combine them with whatever you currently have that is passable and think about how you feel wearing them. This reflection will hopefully start to develop your style and make you aware of your most pressing needs. Great insight Jared! Your saying buy some quality basic pieces then add pieces that add style. Learn about how those style pieces make me...
Wow, some great feedback! few followup questions: how would you describe the 'house' style of this site? im starting to get a sense of it by lurking around and seeing some of the pics.. just was wondering how it might be defined in words.. what is WAYWN and SuFu? I searched these terms and found some examples, but what do they stand for? Thanks again.
thanks! i will post some pics and some bio info this weekend..
Hello all, I have decided that I will spend the next weeks and months focusing on developing and improving my personal style. (Im a male, 32 with an interest in NYC "urban" style) I have often felt that I have good tastes and have been willing to experiment and take chances with my look. However, my look has never been well defined and is often inconsistent and not clear. I am ready to have a look that personifies my character: fun, cool, interesting. How do I...