or Connect

Posts by marg

Black cordovan doesn't really patina - that's why most of the interest is in the color 8 and brown spectrum. They will get beat up if you don't polish them, but that's not really the same as the patina changes on the other colors. That being said, I bought the black captoes on the grant last because I wanted a black boot that didn't remind me of SS boots and I love them.
Low rise front but the back rise is high enough that you won't go plumber when you bend over. These offer the best cut for me. I've had the jgm in 12.5oz for about 10 months and a ladbroke in 14.75 waiting to be broken in. My JGM is soft and broken in, but fades are just starting to appear because my employer requires business attire. Try them - you will be surprised.
Please offer this boot AND the chocolate suede tanker!
anyone pick up those J Crew lined chukkas? they look like mighty fine. will the lining keep the suede from stretching as much as the unlined? my feets are wide.
i only buy their stuff on sale. luckily, there are so many sales i never have to wait too long. how do the ocbds hold up over time? i have a rugby, some chinos and t-shirts, but i want to try their shirts. thoughts? anything better at this price point?
i wear barrie lwbs with a suit because i'm a bigger guy and the shoes balance off me quite well. my suits are still as tailored as possible - no excess fabric, but not tight. i probably would avoid it if i were very slender like many on this board.
yes, but sizing down too much can mean that the foot isn't properly aligned in the shoe, eventually causing pain and possible injury
if you don't have cankles, heel slippage will occur. i may be different, but i thought the 5 last was pretty long. my foot measures 12E on the brannock. i take an 11.5E barrie (slightly loose, but the D is too snug) and an 11EEE in the park avenue. just what fits me better. if you call someone at The Shoe Mart, they can help you with sizing because they sell both brands. One thing to keep in mind is that Alden shoes seem to all feature more toe room than most other...
new discovery - microfiber wipes just made my longwings shine like crazy
i want to see pics of someone wearing the jacket in real life