or Connect

Posts by hyakku

Lol, well that would be great for him? He's been at that GW for two years so making some extra money on the side would be awesome. I don't flip things on eBay, ironically enough I just grab what's sufficient for me and a few guys up here, so if he opened his own eBay account more power to him, I'd even help him learn the valuable brands. As long as I've got a contact for my RLPL, RLBL, Isaia, etc. he can take everything at this point, ive gotten most of what I need out of...
I get your sentiment, but I think new shoes outlook at the state of the market right now is more accurate. Things are just starting to settle down from the post recession phase, and more law students are gunning for Big Law positions straight out to cover debts. Some people may be alright working at a smaller firm where I think much of this advice would be applicable, but at a firm like S&C, Latham, Skadden, I think even minute attention to detail is important. I mean, in...
Grats on the first etro lastdon. Anyone have an insider at their local thrifts / GWs? Over the past two or so years I've been in so many of them often that I'm pretty cool with a lot of the workers, especially the ones my age (20-29). The other day one started talking to me about my weekend and we got into what I was grabbing and why I'm there so often and so I broke down how its like a 75 - 25 split myself and flipping. I don't think I need to worry about educating him...
Waiting to see Mainy's stuff before I get shamed from today, plus I'm too lazy to update these pictures, but would anyone mind telling me which YSL label this is? I can't really date it and I lost the post where there were examples of it: [[SPOILER]]
Left behind a Charvet myself today, the collar had a little tear in it that could've easily been repaired. Starting to think about going back for it -_-. Also finally got some god.damn. pants. Just some basic BBs but at least this pair can fill a gaping hole for my casual wear for a bit until I can get some stuff moved.
Lol just read up on that thrifting wars series, not too worried myself. I gess since ill be moving from LA for law school I won't have to worry about the hordes raiding my beloved spots. I'm sure a few people will get into it briefly, but really, people thAt go occasionally aren't going to be finding kitons left and right, and they wont be going to places like goodwill or something. My only concern is that they might serve to raise prices in spots like goodwill hoping to...
Holy shit I thought I had a chance to at least win the day but good lord. I just googled vicuña:http://www.departures.com/articles/vicuna-the-worlds-rarest-fabricI've gotta expand my thrifting. Are you all hitting consignment spots or something, I have finds consistently but damn I feel like I must be missing out sticking mostly to my GWs and few other spots.Edit: Lol only this thread can make me feel bad about finding a Dunhill jacket .
Thought I would come back with nothing today, was pretty pissed the first two stores I hit gave me nothing (and I thought my car was giving my problems). Kicking myself right now because I had to pass on some things because I didn't know if there would be any interest (see below) and now am kind of regretting it. Also passed up a YSL suit that would fit me perfectly, but only because I was feeling cheap and didn't know if the $20 was worth it. I know it's not a Rive Gauche...
My bad you're right, I always forget BL is Black Label. I figured the actual "Blue Label" would be the Made in Italy line, not the average PRL stuff but that makes sense. I'm still thinking about the suit, it was 30 IIRC so it could be worth a shot. I would usually not be concerned with returning it, but that's a bit too much time ATM.
Wow, terrible tease today. Found an RLPL SUIT, made in england, double breasted, etc. I'm fucking giddy because even though its too big I know I'll be able to trade it up here for something similar my size. I tear up the rest of the store looking for similar stuff (came across a messed up fray ) and finally before purchasing I go to inspect it and am greeeted with the following stain in the pants. I also noticed some really small stains on the lapel that likely would've...