or Connect

Posts by hyakku

Wow been gone for a while, and come back to 40-50 pages of stuff I had to catch up on. First, sorry to hear about the injury Eazy. I'll wait till tomorrow to hound you about shoe trees . Second, Spoo, congrats on your newfound venture. I hope you continue seeing success in the future and that I can contribute to it (as well as benefit from it). To everyone with the insane hauls in LA, please, PLEASE PM me one of the locations you went. I no longer live there and won't...
Lol got you two confused. Either way though, the Florsheim's are still comfortable as all hell, and the Cheaney's just look like the secks. My next few trips will probably just be looking for stuff to repay you guys for helping me out rather than anything for myself as I just realized for once that I basically have everything I "need" (2-3 staple suits, six+ dress shoes, slacks, SCs, etc.) besides maybe an extra pair of navy blue slacks or something. Doubt that'll keep me...
This has been a long time coming, and I wanted to accompany it with a thrift pic just so I could assure you all of how sexah my "new" gear is, but probably won't have time today. So with that I've gotta give a shout out and express my appreciation to: Lookingr8: For a solid staple suit. Unfortunately I took it to a cheapo tailor to test him out and while he did everything great, for some reason he added a fifth button on the sleeve when he extended them instead of closing...
Wow, I'm always kind of confused with Oxxfords as they all seem to have old labels to me so I have to go by quality, and while this one was definitely quality, I couldn't really ascertain the date. If nothing else i'll go back and check later if it's still there. And +1 on that with the Bonobos/Brioni as well. Probably will have to be tomorrow though, firm event later.
Works for me cap just to make sure. Also want to give a shout out to everyone that's been helping me later. I intend on doing a post with a pic of all the recent stuff I grabbed recently thanks to everyone who's been good to me. Might even get my first thrift pic up today. Apologies for everyone I haven't been able to bless back; pickings around here are pretty high quality, but mostly things like BB 1818, BBGF level. Passed on an Oxxford recently that I might go back and...
True, it was more like I thought I found like a Corneliani Linea Sartoriale and then found out that I actually picked up just a regular Corneliani or something. Still a great find, but just a tinge of disappointment. I do agree that the SE dudes have the right idea in mind in terms of fit / tailoring, but at the same time since we're thrifting might as well try for the quality in terms of construction and brands
Picked up a Pal Zileri Lab suit today that should hopefully work as a solid staple once tailoring is done. Funny though, because in the past two years of thrifting I've gotten relatively good at determining diffusion / lower end lines, and for some reason I saw the LAB and immediately thought that this was their Sartorial level and didn't even bother checking for fusing. Was slightly disappointed when I came up here and checked to find out it was their lower end line, but...
Man whatever happened to those Oxfords . Just messing with you, whenever you know ohw much they are to ship though seriously, let me know.also, can I get any advice about looking for suits on ebay? I've been trying to find staple charcoal, gray or navy suits in around a 36-38 (about 17.5-18" shoulders) and around a 30W (either 31 or 29 to be tailored in or let out), but I seriously come up with maybe 150 results after I put in those parameters, and I'm finding it hard to...
Umm...did no one else besides me and Jon just notice Frenchy's post, or are the rest of you cleaning up the innards from your exploding heads? And DM, you already know. Even when I was in LA I could find that quality, but never in that quantity man. You're really killing it, hope it's helping you get through school with no debt (trust man, debt is balls). Edit: Ok cool catside. I thought I had imagined that post for a second. Also, someone find me some staple suits in...
Fuck I hate when I see 100+ posts and think something has happened and it turns out to be the same damn argument we have here every three months. Also, who the hell is a noob in a community and starts calling people out as fuckers and pussies? In any case, frenchy returned so I can at least stare at his furniture photos and pretend like I know what I'm looking for next time I'm in the stores, so it was worth reading through all that just to see the return. Also, still...