or Connect

Posts by Zanth

Quote: Originally Posted by cold war painter You write clearly and I appreciate some of your points, but where are you going to publish your non-randomised non-controlled study with two subjects in two different treatment arms? Am J Anecdotal Cardiol.? I won't be publishing it as a randomized clinical trial study, but in a letters section which is customary for these types of experiments. Some of the most interesting one off studies are found...
Quote: Originally Posted by mintyfresh I would hate to be around either of you as your breaths (?) must definitely smell worse than my dog's bum. I had to chew gun or chew in mint leaves. I keep a tooth brush at work and thought I would be okay, but my wife gave me the heads up that I had off-rank smelling breath. AFter that it was lots and lots of gum.
When I first explained it to my wife she understood the idea of the cleansing. She also knows that I'm in extreme in everything I do and that I research incessantly. She wasn't fearful for my health so long as I used my noggin and also listened to my colleagues. The pros of being an MD/PhD and working with a group of folks who have at least the MD part made my wife feel much better. She trusted me enough that I wouldn't starve myself to death and certainly I had the...
I ended up doing the 60 days mostly out of interest to test my resolve and to document what my body was personally able to deal with. Once my fat stores were pretty much eaten up, my body started to kick into high gear on my muscle and at that point I knew I was finished. I probably should have stopped around day 40 to dodge that bullet but again, I had targeted 60 days and it became so easy to keep going that I just went with it. This 14 day fast I began today is more...
Quote: Originally Posted by gort How can you manage to go on a water fast for two months? Don't you have any sort of social life? Do you participate in any sort of physical activities, or did you just lay around all day? I have a social life sure, but likely not as active as most around here as I'm married with kids and I'm a professional. My day job has me in a lab or at a computer a lot so the daytime wasn't horrid. The hardest part was...
This is my first post and I would like to say mad props to the OP. I did a water fast from July 5th to September 7th this year. I lost 50 lbs, my mental clarity increased dramatically and my skin as my wife said, was glowing. My energy levels were fine and only after major cardio routines did I feel really lethargic. Overall it was a grand experience. I did this firstly as an experiment, second as a mind-body adjustment routine and thirdly to lose a bit of weight. I...