or Connect

Posts by CafeRacer99

Sometimes items don't fund. It's happened. Most notably they offered a denim trucker that didn't fund. I don't think they've offered another denim one.
I emailed Gustin on the 5th and told them one of the buttons on my American Herringbone workshirt had broken in half in the dryer. Cami emailed me back the next day to verify my address and said they would send me a new button. This is what I got today. Thanks!
The lining is attached at the edges and the cuffs. Not at the side seams or around the arm hole. Sleeves are the same fabric.I don't want to assume a problem before it appears. Hopefully it will be fine. The problem for me is that, here in the desert, it's unlikely I'll get to wear the jacket much until next fall.
I received the lined trucker today. My initial impression is very positive. It's exactly what was promised, exactly what I thought it would be. I have the original trucker in tan, this lined one is dark oak. Which is another way of saying dark brown. But I like the shade. This color seems to "mark" more than the tan. I mean if you scrape your finger nail across it, you leave a lighter mark. The lining looks really nice, good colors, I think. The flannel is very light...
I have some room in my gustin trucker. I'm in between medium and large, so I went with the large. That said, I haven't heard of shrinkage from waxing. I was more concerned about washing the lining and having the lining shrink inside the jacket. That might be pretty bad if it happened.But I think if this were a real issue, we would have heard a lot more about it by now. Waxed jackets with cotton linings have been around a long time.
This is a good question, and one I never thought of before. I'm waiting on a Gustin lined trucker, which should be here tomorrow.I own a leather jacket from Aero with a twill lining, and a Barbour waxed with a cotton lining too. I've ridden (motorcycle) in both of these jackets, and gotten them both very sweaty. Especially the Barbour, those things don't breathe. I don't know why or how, but neither jacket smells. I can say that if they ever do, I'll hand wash them as...
Good news: The lined trucker I ordered is scheduled to ship next week! Bad news: The next time it will be cool enough to wear it in the desert southwest will be next October. Good thing I'm a patient man.
Dark Oak lined trucker. Had to do it. I'm not sure what I'll do with my brown unlined trucker, but...
I like the value and I'm patient enough that the wait times don't bother me (much, lol). I've got three pairs of jeans, all 33 straight, all fit the same. There is a little variation based on the weight of the denim, the heavier pairs are harder to stretch out after a wash than the lighter pair and so feel tighter at first. I've also got a trucker and two button-down shirts. All are excellent. I ordered a green trucker in medium which fit too tight and I didn't like the...
I received my olive dopp kit today. I apparently didn't read the description closely enough. This thing is tiny. It's half the size of the one I was hoping to replace. I'm going to give it a try though. It's really nicely made. Maybe I don't need to carry all that stuff with me... I decided to add a pic: My old kit is camo, the Gustin on has a tube of toothpaste on it for scale.