or Connect

Posts by b-ewing

Lina, they look incredible. You must be very proud of them. I'm generally a full trim guy, but the close trim with the toe cap is perfect. And don't worry about stretching at all. My leather lined SJs in black cxl are a kajillion times sturdier (read: less prone to stretching) than other cxl footwear I've owned
What size do you wear in Chuck Taylor's? Im a 10D on a brannock, wear a 10D in most everything including Whites SJs in the lace to toe pattern. But a 10D on the #55 last is big as a mother slugger. I'm a 9.5D-E on the 55 last
I'm sold... Thx for the info
Empty Garage JP advertises british tan as horween cxl, so I'm just plain confused!!http://emptygarage.jp/smp/list.php?type=class&group=115037&sort=normal&pict=2&page=1
You're such an a**hole. Lovely loveliness and me on a shoestring budget
My experience has been to go tts on SJ and half size down on SDEdit- my SJs are lace to toe so maybe I'm not a good point of reference
Those came out perfect IMO. Congrats! Having Baker's touch up the heel looks like it was a good idea because I don't think I've seen nicer block heels on a pair of Whites. Still seems silly to have to do that on brand spankin new $400+ boots, but oh well Pls refresh my memory; that's a lowered heel, correct?
So stinkin tempting
Messed up orders on MTO products just plain suck!! Nothing like waiting for months and months only to be left with something you didn't order or something that doesn't fit you... Thankfully, most of these makers put their customers first and go out of their way to correct any problems. Have had to have two leather jackets remade and three pairs of boots (remade or repaired). But I still accept these issues as I prefer an artisan/hand made product over the competition......
Fwiw- it's incredibly difficult to discern steer from horse based on visual inspection alone. You pretty much need DNA testing, unless you're talking about shell. Just ask a WWII A2 or engineer boot collector. That said, you should be able to compare both the cxl and horse strip samples and notice a difference