or Connect

Posts by b-ewing

I very hesitantly do this, but am checking to see if anyone's interested in my wesco MP Packers, black domain, 7" height, unlined, single mids, 269 soles; or my Whites lace to toe Smokejumpers, black CXL, 8" height, brown leather lined, single mids, mini vib soles. Both are standard trim, natural edge, feature brass hardware, and are size 10D. The packers are a little over a year old and in excellent condition, and the SJs are about 5 yrs old but still in very good...
To be fair, I have been previously advised of the same thing re Farmer Ranchers (being an SJ on a non-lug sole)...
No consensus, and no wrong answers! I'm a structured toe kinda fella
Sounds like you're squared away (at least in terms of leathers)! As for the choice between brown distressed and natural CXL; just note that distressed won't take a shine. My vote would be to flip the bill and go distressed roughout
Looking good, Lina! Ironically, of all my boots my Indys likely get the most wear. They're just so damn versitile
Well, that doesn't sound like a good state of mind to be in... Have you aired your dissatisfaction with Baker's yet (whatever it's about)? If not, I'd say you owe it to yourself and them; try to make the situation right
Thx for the tip! Been working w/Bakers inhouse shop lately. Their boy Chad aka Leathersniffer has serious chops (more to come soon )Haha, Lina! I think I may be done w/Whites for the time being, but that's sort of a broken record at this point. This boot addiction keeps pulling at me!!!A few quick observations on these boots.-Standard block heel feels weird. Chunky and clunky. I feel like a lowered block heel would lend to a more natural gate? That or just standar Cuban...
Thx guys!Jamie, as you well know, I've been admiring your builds for a good while now. When these came up used at a decent price I had to give em a run thank you for the constant show of inspiration!I think I'm going to do a modified curve to the block heels like Daizawaguy's (these are standard hight, and are a bit bulkier than I like)
Finally got some British tan goodness
Same last (#55)