or Connect

Posts by Jermyn

What I find interesting through reading some of these responses, is that some people are genuinely aghast at the idea of wearing brown shoes in London. I always thought that "no brown in town" was just a quirky, old-fashioned saying which had little relevance today. Most of my peers either agree with me or absolutely do not care (i.e. they bought black shoes because they were an easy 'default' choice). The sole exception to this being the friend I mentioned before, who...
I had 7 pretty intensely WTF moments in a single day once. I wrote about them (with photos) in a blog which I have long since neglected to update. If you guys are interested you can read them here: http://manlyodyssey.blogspot.co.uk/2008/08/qingdao.html Here is an excerpt: Unusual sight 7 involved one of those moments in life where a combination of disbelief and unpreparedness leave you unable to truly comprehend the magnitude of what you have just witnessed. As is...
In my experience of IB either brown or black is an acceptable choice. Black tends to be preferred for client meetings and is more popular with over 40s. It is always the more conservative choice. I have a friend who works for Bloomberg (a more relaxed office environment) and he was terrified of 'deviating'. He finally bought a pair of dark slate EG wingtips (barley distinguishable from black, under all but the brightest of lights) and was relieved to find that nobody...
You wait an hour for one and then three come along at once.
All of Jean Georges places are worth visiting for their prix fixe lunches. Nougatine has a very bright and open room overlooking central park and Columbus circle. JoJo has a really charming atmosphere, like and old-World cottage. Perry St is very slick and modern. For authentic Japanese food in a really lively setting, go to Kenka on St Marks place. The name isn't written in English but you'll recognise it by the enormous candy floss machine outside. The angler fish...
Haha, it's like the old saying about London buses. After never finding any whilst thrifting, I managed to pick up 3 Hermes ties for £15 a few weeks ago. The person selling the consignment had several more but to be honest they were absurdly ugly.
I have been obsessed with the idea of geting a rust jacket since seeing this fit from ctp120, I hope he doesn't mind me reposting here. I've been looking for a slighlty more orange cloth with a blue overcheck. I searched a few swatch books but haven't found anything yet, although I did find a couple of darker orange donegals which looked amazing.
This.There are some things in life you can control and others you can't.Once I realised I would be spending most of my time dressed in a particular way, I decided I'd research it and make it my passion.The one thing I can always control, is my reaction to the things out of my control.
I think that whilst you may notice some difference between the $500-$1000 black captoes, this is not the best place to capture the main difference between price points. Where the $1000 shoes tend to come into their own is with unique lasts and designs. You pay the upcharge because you want a design or colour not available in a cheaper brand's collection. My compulsion to 'upgrade' was largely borne from a desire to own shoes in the JL7000 last and using EG crust leather,...
Navy suit., white shirt and black tie will go very well together. I'd avoid wearing a navy tie with a navy suit, it will probably look off unless the shades are quite different and there is a distinct pattern breaking up the tie. Great attitude you're showing here, this kind of thread is what SF is all about. The only way this could get any better would be if you bought your new ties on the B&S section of the forum. I'm really glad we were able to help. Good luck with...