or Connect

Posts by Jermyn

Although it might not be the top brand (or even in the top 10), I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Cucinelli yet. Their cashmere is fantastic, their collections always work well as a whole (whilst genuinely showing innovation) and every piece of BC I own is made to an exceptional standard. I also really like the story of how the town of Solomeo operates. The brand functions very well as a whole, rather than just being a mish-mash of different, stand-out items.
When I was in Bicester village recently, an SA told me that Burberry recently had to change their returns policy.Apparently a Chinese couple went in and dropped £30,000 on a multitude of items. A decent sum but not record breaking for the store.They came back 3 weeks later and returned every single item.Apparently it wasn't the first time this had happened at the store and others in Bicester have reported similar stories.The couple were most likely shipping all the stuff...
I'm surely not the most knowledgeable member here when it comes to shoes but I'd gladly talk about what I know... at length.I've posted pictures of a lot of my shoes here. Although, looking through these it has become evident; that I should perhaps divert some of my shoe expenditure, into photographic equipment. Saint Crispin'sCleverleyEdward GreenEG compared to Cleverley semi bespokeEG shoe circleMeerminSantoniJohn LobbVass (after a custom polish by forum member...
Agreed. 1880 are still very basic shoes but they are made in England (for the most part).Standard Loakes tend to be made in India. Neither range has anything which stands up to a Park Avenue IMO.Barker Black is an entirely different brand to Barker, it isn't available in any Barker stores in the UK.As far as I know, international Barker Black stores don't carry regular Barker shoes either.In any case, my understanding is that BB are considerably higher in quality than...
My favourite pair of shoes are Saint Crispin's. I bought them RTW but when purchasing MTO you can specify parts of the last which you would like modified and SC will accommodate your requests. A very big plus in my book. They are finished to a superb standard and feel lighter and more comfortable than any other shoe I own. For comparison: Alfred Sargent - great Chelsea boots, the black calf leather almost glows. Perceivable as quality leather even from a distance. The...
Having recently lost some weight I found that one of my favourite belts no longer fit me as snugly as I would have liked. I took it to a cobbler yesterday, to have a couple of holes added but unfortunately the cobbler overlapped two holes, thereby ruining the belt. The manager kindly said that he would cover the cost of a replacement, all I have to do is buy a similar belt and bring in the receipt. The problem I have is that the store where I bought the belt is no longer...
I think that your question probably deserves its own thread.Personally I much prefer a museum calf in shades of brown as opposed to black because it looks like a cloudy sky.I also prefer flecked donegal tweeds and linen blend jackets to plain worsteds.Once you enter the realm of single colour aesthetics (as opposed to the aesthetics of proportion) positions tend to be resolutely held.Perhaps on a deeper level, they are an expression of ones upbringing, desires, disposition...
My go to pieces for these types of situations are: Jacket: Black wool, SB, textured self stripe, notched, 5 button cuffs Black velvet, SB, one button, peak lapels, silk trim on lapels Shirt: very lightweight egyptian cotton, white t-shirt, crew neck, SS - for summer thick, waffle knit, LS, crew neck t-shirt, ivory/ off-white coloured (I like that it gives you cuffs without being a full on shirt). Trousers: Black denim (the most fitted pair of trousers I...
Some interesting points here. Particularly the distinction being drawn between Law and IB as well as between IBs with geographically divergent head-offices. R O T I agree with a lot of what you said. I think that what you are wearing today sounds like an excellent choice of CBD attire. Your comment that a brown pair of shoes "screams" in the city is something I had not heard before. Most people will say they've heard "no brown in town" said before but they won't have too...
I concede that black shoes will always be the most formal choice. When the occasion is black tie I will always reach for my matte calf, court shoes.For important business meetings, dinners that require a lounge suit or interviews, my black captoes are my go to shoe.For me though, these occasions are rare. I am lucky in that I can dress in the style of WAYWRN at work without it being a problem.The CEO dresses in cardigans and chinos with a ubiquitous pair of suede loafers,...