or Connect

Posts by Jermyn

I just purchased one of the RLPL ties, looks like a great deal. I imagine the others will go pretty quickly too.
I wouldn't recommend getting suits made in Thailand. There are a lot of places in and around Nana in Bangkok that will make you decent shirts though. Getting the fit on these is just as important, as the suit jacket tends to come off as soon as you get to work. I have an order of 17 shirts with various collars, cuffs and other peculiarities, in Egyptian and Italian Cotton, most with MOP buttons, arriving next week. Total Cost, shipped: £500. (It is worth noting that...
Quote: Originally Posted by bleachboy Has anybody mentioned a loafer yet? Alden Leisure Handsewn in #8 shell is the only loafer you'll ever need. It works in summer too, without socks. How could I forget a loafer. I have yet to purchase one in shell. I'm torn because a lot of people seem to be of the opinion that it works far better on derbies. I should just pull the trigger on one or the other so I can see what I make of shell.
Which are your favourite shoes from your current collection? Knowing the types of shoe that you like and wear the most will help people to know what to recommend. I second the idea of investing into a decent black captoe. It is good having people recommend various specific chelseas, derbies, split-toes etc. but what I think you should really be looking to do is to 'upgrade' styles which you already know, wear and understand how to pair effectively. Personally...
Thanks Alan. I received the RLPL suit yesterday. Very quick delivery considering the distance travelled. The suit is a perfect fit in every respect other than the width around the thighs (due to the double pleats). I can see myself picking up more of your garments from B&S in the future.
Just sent payment over for the striped jacket. Can't wait for it to arrive, it looks fantastic in the pictures.
Quote: Originally Posted by NORE At one time I regurgitated that EG uses a "dainty" heel. Now I see Cleverly clearly has them beat on this front. You're right, I was quite frankly shocked at how much more 'streamlined' Cleverley's offering is. I'm wearing the Cleverleys at work today and it almost feels like I'm not wearing shoes at all. As to the comment about the 'window' inside the shoe. I was told that this was originally a...
The Chameleon colour is certainly not for everyone, I find that paired with some brown corduroy trousers it works superbly. Much though I would like to be able to compare wholecuts in the same colour, my shoe collection hasn't quite expanded to the point where I am able to justify buying near identical shoes in identical colours! As far as £220 being a steal. I quite agree. Although an even bigger steal was to be had if you could manage to squeeze into a pair of...
Having purchased wholecuts from both Edward Green and Cleverly in the past month, I would like to share pictures of the shoes and invite SF to share its opinions on them. Firstly, a pair of Edward Green wholecuts on the 888 last (9.5D) in Chameleon. And now the Cleverly wholecut in Black Calf, also 9.5D (designated as 5813 on the inner window, presumably the number of the last) And now a side by side comparison of the...
Quote: Originally Posted by bjornb17 I'm 26. Ok guys, it was nice knowing you, cya later. I'm also 26. Because of this website I spent my first Saturday living in London wandering the January sales of Jermyn Street, Bond Street and Savile Row. I surprised shop SAs in Jermyn street by recognising the heel patterns on rebranded AS and EG shoes in their stores and recognising Horween cordovan at a distance. I also bought a pair of...