or Connect

Posts by ChicagoManualOfStyle

Here are some shots of the other, though my iPhone camera doesn't do this beautiful square justice.
All right, as much as I'd love to try it and post pictures to indulge everybody's voyeuristic fantasies, I really only wanted to get people's opinions on whether I should consider this as an option as I look to expand my wardrobe. I think enough people have come out against it that I'll take it off the table, although I'd still be interested to hear from anybody who has actually tried something like this. (Also, I agree that the shoulders appear to be way too padded on...
Is it possible to alter a women's double-breasted jacket to fit like a men's jacket? I'm on the small side (36S-ish), which makes it somewhat hard to find RTW jackets in my size, at least at below-retail prices. While single-breasted women's jackets have the buttons on the wrong side, double-breasted jackets are symmetric, so I was hoping that I might be able to alter something like this Ralph Lauren Collection double-breasted blazer to fit me. The shoulder size...
Quote: Originally Posted by harvey_birdman Perhaps they are too small for you or you are using a shoe tree that is too large. A shoe tree putting too much pressure on the toe box of the shoe might cause that, but honestly I have no idea. I hadn't even considered the fit explanation, but I think you may be exactly right. I have a rather unfortunate combination of foot features: narrow heel, wide forefoot, long arch, high instep. I put in tongue...
I recently purchased a couple of pairs of used Allen Edmonds from a reputable B&S seller. These are my first "nice" shoes; until now, I only wore Eccos and the like. Today, I took my pair of black Park Avenue cap toes out for their first wearing. After stepping outside, I was a bit worried. It had snowed heavily yesterday, and although most of the sidewalks were shoveled, things were still quite wet, not to mention the ever-present salt. I had planned on picking up some...
Sending PM on the J. Press cardigans!
Some people recommend not to hang ties long-term because they can get stretched out. Is this also true for bow ties, and if so, what's the proper way to roll them?