or Connect

Posts by PittDoc

Ghurka is certainly one of the most expensive USED brands of made-in-the-USA bags. Their vintage all-leather items can command as much as the new items ($1000+), especially new-old stock and well preserved pieces from the 70's and 80's when the tanning methods were superior to current more environmentally safe techniques. I would not even consider any of the new products, even the Made in USA ones. Their methods have changed too much. Look for the "MH" on the stamped...
Quote: Originally Posted by garlantinapple Today I went to the Ghurka outlet and purchased the black messenger/utility bag for $109+tax. I don' t know why it's still selling on the Ghurka website for $595. And I was the only customer in the store when I bought the bag. Where? I didn't think there was still an outlet store after all the retail stores shut down. There is the new store at the Plaza in NYC, their website and a few online...
chiamdream and highball - thanks for the good points and observations. I hadn't thought about the hassle of dealing with getting a camera in and out of a Filson w/ a lot of zips and buckles. I like to mix business with tourist activity when traveling abroad and still never have to check bags. Despite it's relatively small size, my new Nikon D5000 DSLR is presenting some packing challenges. I need all the room I can get for clothes in my roll-aboard, and keep all the...
I am bringing this thread up again b/c my needs are slightly different than the OP. This bag will be strictly for travel, which is about 100 days/year. Need something that will pass as a "personal item" on both domestic and international flights, in addition to my IATA regulation roll aboard. Any of these three cases should pass but what I don't know is if they will fit my stuff... 1) 15" Mac laptop w/ charger, 2) DSLR camera w/ extra telephoto lens, 3) a few files, book,...
Quote: Originally Posted by forex these shoes look like EG 202,remind me of chelsea.Very nice,I didn't know gas could mess up your shoes,should watch out! Nice shoes though,I hope that stain will be removed! Wow - that must be some favorable camera angle. Must be the same angle they use to photograph 500 SF apartments in NYC. No Alden I know would be confused with and EG.
^^1+ Our Pittsburgh Saks is a joke. Limited selection of semi high-end, otherwise just over priced "wanna-be" items. A recent attempt to use a $150 gift card was indicative. I went in ready to use it as a 10% discount on some decent items but after an hour left with $146 of cologne and face products. I was ready to spend a lot more but just couldn't find anything to get excited about. Plus, it's depressing when you're the only customer, although all Pittsburgh men's...
I've enjoyed your posts MaFooFan but I think you need to focus on studying for the bar and less goofing around with a classic shirt. Oxford cloth, button down, full cut, etc. all are part of a classic casual look to wear with khakis and a blazer, not an Italian suit. Why even bother BB with such a Frankenstein creation? I'm sure they were glad to take your money but the crew at 346 Madison is probably still laughing. On the other hand, take a nice sea-island 120's...
Wow - I'm impressed by the variety of tastes here...I'm sure my favs may only be loved by me but that's the fun in wearing ties. Hermes Ferragamo
Quote: Originally Posted by neyus I think Chaps and Lauren should be scrapped. Ever notice on the PRL website that there are FAR more outlet than retail stores? Way back in this thread it states the PRL makes most of its profits from its outlets. Add in the Marshall's, TJMaxx group and you get an idea why the crappy Polo/Lauren/Chaps items will not go away.
Quote: Originally Posted by HomerJ There's a Sears promotion going on right now. Buy $100 of Dockers, get a $75 Shell gas card. That says it all. I don't know what Dockers cost but I've got a dozen "khakis" all different brands, all retail for > $100 each. I never paid more than $50. I'd never be caught dead in Dockers. I'm sure they're OK pants but to me they scream "my wife shops for me and I don't care what I wear."