or Connect

Posts by BernardMN

What an odd thread. Oh well, I can't resist. It makes me think of this song... IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREETIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU...
BDC2823, I have some friends who do well using flies from a small boat in Newport Bay for Calicos and Sand Bass. Good call. Things a tad nutty right now so sorry for the hasty response. Stay in good contact, maybe we can hit the water sometime in 2011. Meantime, this is a fun site: http://www.fliflicker.com/ B
Quote: Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy OK, I'll play....... 1953 Fender Esquire Four Aces just hit the table. Sweet. B
Quote: Originally Posted by BDC2823 You're in LA. Where do you fish? I haven't been in the ocean in awhile and it's been a few down years in a row now, but I used to (and definitely need to more), fish Catalina, Huntington Flats, Horseshoe Kelp, the kelp off Palos Verdes, and on up to the Channel Islands. Don't hate me but I rarely fish salt. I hit the local mountains and go deep (long hikes through brush, bears and snakes). That said, I am...
Quote: Originally Posted by Johnny Amiga Once upon a time in the west. (but mharwitt's list is very good too) Once Upon a Time in the West The culmination of all of Sergio's works plus the mind-boggling Morricone soundtrack. Charles Bronson was never better either, The DVD with the extras and interviews is priceless. B Oh man and did someone say Claudia?
Quote: Originally Posted by LeadSmall3BetAllIN Looking more for a book which can help the reader develop a feel for the game rather than a betting system, sort of like those written by a veteran trader about personal experience. How quantitatively intense doesn't matter. Also which clubs? I'm mostly looking to play online? Or maybe place bets over the phone. Any good software? Let me know what you find out. I love attending the track in...
Quote: Originally Posted by Eason Don't reply to this fucking post, just immediately go and photograph a few of the things. Just get started. Just a few. So true! Seriously, there are two thoughts that come to mind. One: Go broke. If you are broke, you'll start snapping them ebay shots fast. Second: Pace yourself. You can make it tolerable by doing it all step by step with a schedule. It sounds like too much to do all at once so that would...
As a kid I had one who helped me catch fish in spots that others overlooked. I guess you'd say he was my fishing mentor. Both as a sportsman and in life in general, this MO has reaped me many rewards ever since in a variety of ways. Sometimes the trophy is right under your nose in other words. Not rocket science but easy to forget. A close relative of "The grass is always greener ..." I guess. B.
Quote: Originally Posted by impolyt_one 4. I don't ever plan on buying a Hyundai in my lifetime, but they are becoming better cars by leaps and bounds, and working on shortcomings of the past. Reliability-wise, I wouldn't be surprised if the Hyundai serves better than the VW/Audi. I own an Audi and it's really not roses, but I do hear good things about recent Hyundais. Hyundai is becoming a player like Toyota and it will continue to do so. These are...
Quote: Originally Posted by Kai Depends on what you want them for. If you're flats fishing in the tropics, you will need a very dark lens. For trout fishing, my current favorite fishing sunglasses are by Kaenon Polarized. The model is the "Kore" with C-50 Lens. ........ Kai, WOW - that is THE best response I have ever read. I have two pairs of Action Optics; one for dusk and one for the full-strength daytime. I am an obsessed angler...