or Connect

Posts by Hataraki_man

Warning: Dad-ish [[SPOILER]]
I really find the veldtschoen boot appealing in all respects except for the slightly squared toe. It's a shame they don't make these anymore. The burgundy (or brown zug?) pebbled calf, worn black laces, dull brass eyelets, slimmer, close-heel welt are all looking great together. Although it is possibly the beautifying effect of age on a vintage piece that's making these look so good. I reckon the pattern is basically the Grasmere, but does someone know of a stock model...
Needing some pants to go with russet 2010 rider and brown boots [[SPOILER]] Here's to hoping one of the TOJ cuts would look good in light gray paired with an off-white untucked shirt. chocolate>light gray>eggshell>rust. Looks good in my mind, or, at least with 3 of 4 heaped together on the floor.I have some gray canvass pants but I think there is too much blue in the shade and plus they are too slim and it just looks ..........terrible. Need more volume, like something...
For sale is my Temple of Jawns Minimalist Double Rider jacket in black lambskin. I am the original owner of this jacket, having ordered it in March of 2011, very soon after the design was released, and it has been worn only a handfull of times since. I can detect no compromise of workmanship or materials in the construction of this jacket, and it is visibly worn only slightly in a few places such as the points of the collar and edges of the cuffs where the...
wj4, did you condition that with anything? Could be the photography but the color looks darker and richer than normal.
Is there any chance of bombers happening in leather a little thicker than lamb? I believe it was said that the bomber guy does not work with heavy materials, but perhaps there is some calfskin out there that is acceptably workable, or goatskin?
I've never handled an issue of GQ in my life... so, yeah. I have a number of shirts from Proper Cloth though. I came to this thread hoping for affirmation that PC is a great deal, but haven't found much to support that opinion so far. Aside from the issue of their commendable web store and communications, most of the feedback I have found here and in other threads is about how expensive they are. (I have avoided purchasing shirts over $150 because I tend to agree.) ...
I thought I'd contribute my experience thus far for those still considering sizing. I recently took the international shipping plunge and received a UK size 9 Trickers Burford "fitting 5" in espresso from The Shoehealer and am pleased with the fit. My true size is about US 9.5EE and sometimes it seems that pretty much every nice shoe is out of reach because of the narrowness of medium fittings, and the hassle of ordering a size that is not stocked. These, however, have...
I just realized the buckle things on the front of the DR serve a purpose and seem to work well. I was kind of lamenting why I slimmed the midsection while forgetting to also slim the hem. I gave them a few tugs each, and, ~voilĂ ~ better silhouette. There's some wrinkling now, but net positive effect Best thing that's happened to this jacket since I thought to put on some darker, heavier, jeans.
2balls, Looks really good, how did you size that?