or Connect

Posts by FunLovinStyle

I actually just came back from a two-week trip to Prague, Vienna, and Budapest (with brief stops in Bratislava and Esztergom). My opinions: Prague is gorgeous and there are plenty of nice options for al fresco dining and cafes. You could easily spend 3 days there. The historical city center is compact and easily and comfortably walkable. The beer is easily among the best in Europe. I would gladly go back in a heartbeat. Vienna is a very pretty city, very formal,...
Three days in Rome is good for getting a feel of the city. The trick is to do a little bit of planning in advance: map out the main things you want to see and then visit them in an order that reduces backtracking. In that way, Rome becomes a very walkable city, and you'll find that walking between sites is just as beautiful as the sites themselves. On a one-day trip to Rome a few years ago, my wife and I did the following in about eight hours: started at the Colosseum...
It's actually really easy to rent one of those commercial rug cleaners. It costs less than $50, takes only a few minutes and works wonders.My family room is carpeted and I don't mind it... but otherwise, no.
You're allowed to hate it, but it's not a sufficient reason for avoiding an otherwise acceptable apartment.
I've looked into this a little bit. There seem to be two ways to go: Buy a duplex, triplex, or quad... and then live in one of the units. The only way to make the finances work is to do all of the management and maintenance yourself. This is not a bad strategy as long as you don't mind living in a (small) apartment building, but it's a lot of work. Buy a large number of units that can support the expense of a manager and other people to do repairs and...
What does your competition do?
+1 to the above. From the airport, take the train (called RER) into the city center and then transfer to the subway (metro). It's very easy, with clear signs in English. Edit: the above poster lives in Paris!
Hard to say without knowing anything about you. Do you prefer cities or countryside? Indoors or outdoors? I'll just guess that since you've been on the east coast and now you're on the west coast, you wouldn't mind getting away from civilization for a bit. I think it would be great to check out some of the national parks, such as Bryce Canyon, Monument Valley, Canyonlands, Arches NP, the Grand Canyon, etc. Rent a jeep or a convertible or some other cool car, drive...
Will do.
The volume of kitchen-related spamvertisements in this forum.