Question (first posted by @July): Are there any special considerations for scotch grain-specific shoe care? I assume that conditioners, cremes and waxes will work just as they do for calf. Am I wrong?
Answer (posted by @Slewfoot): One reason I like scotch grain is that it can take a beating and it doesn't seem like one needs to take as good care of it. That being said, I think standard conditioners and waxes will do just fine.
Have a question and can't find an answer? Want to contribute your knowledge to the community? Try here: http://www.styleforum.net/t/228153/the-official-shoe-care-thread-tutorials-photos-etc
For more threads and articles on shoe care, go here:
Shoe Care Products
New to Styleforum and want to get more informative articles, style tips, fashion news, and exclusive deals? Sign up for the newsletter.
For a daily dose of Style (forum), follow us on Instagram.
Related Forum Threads
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 11:24 pm in Classic Menswear
- Leather Quality and Properties Last post on 12/29/16 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/18/17 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** Last post on Today at 8:35 am in Classic Menswear
- SOLD! VASS dark cognac oxford with brogues Last post on 2/16/17 at 3:48am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Can I use shoe conditioner on the soles of my shoes?
Last edited: 3/24/16
- How do I take care of pull-up leather?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Should I take my leather soles with exposed stitching to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How to remove shoe polish?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Is shell cordovan a better option than calf for rainy days?Last edited: 3/24/16
Alphabetical Article List
How do I take care of scotch grain leather shoes?Posted 2/25/16 • Last updated 3/24/16 • 1,959 views • 1 comment
- How do I take care of pull-up leather?
Currently, there are 1607 Active Users (264 Members and 1343 Guests)
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 17 seconds ago
- › The Look goes on... 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 2 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 4 minutes ago
- › Men's Hats: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions... 6 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones Cigar boot and blucher 10E 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 6 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 7 minutes ago
- › ATTN ADMINS / MODS -- FORUM FEATURE NOT WORKING 10 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...