Question (posted by @tonylumpkin): Is there any benefit to conditioning the soles of your shoes? Does anyone do this? If its good for the uppers, why not the soles?
Answer 1 (posted by @meister): I did on a pair yesterday and today and they will be sold soon. Good result as the leather was too dry IMO. They came out looking like a normal worn sole..after a drink!
Answer 2 (posted by @Flieger): I occasionally put linseed oil on the soles, works fine, and if I brush my shoes and polish them I put some cream on the sides and centerpart (where it flexes the most) of the sole too.
Answer 3 (posted by @epa): Interesting that I should see this question right now, just after visiting the Ferragamo boutique in Munich... I had a discussion with the salesperson about the alleged advantages of Tramezza, and "by the way" she mentioned that she recommended that if I used non-colour cream for the shoes, I should also put some on the soles. Also, she recommended laying the shoes on their sides after use, so as to allow the soles to dry better. I never heard these things before.
Have a question and can't find an answer? Want to contribute your knowledge to the community? Try here: http://www.styleforum.net/t/228153/the-official-shoe-care-thread-tutorials-photos-etc
For more threads and articles on shoe care, go here:
Shoe Care Products
New to Styleforum and want to get more informative articles, style tips, fashion news, and exclusive deals? Sign up for the newsletter.
For a daily dose of Style (forum), follow us on Instagram.
Related Forum Threads
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 9:01 am in Classic Menswear
- Leather Quality and Properties Last post on 12/29/16 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/18/17 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** Last post on Today at 3:50 am in Classic Menswear
- SOLD! VASS dark cognac oxford with brogues Last post on 2/16/17 at 3:48am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
How do I take care of pull-up leather?
Last edited: 3/24/16
- Should I take my leather soles with exposed stitching to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How to remove shoe polish?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Is shell cordovan a better option than calf for rainy days?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How to identify shell cordovan leather?Last edited: 3/24/16
Alphabetical Article List
Can I use shoe conditioner on the soles of my shoes?Posted 3/2/16 • Last updated 3/24/16 • 2,844 views • 3 comments
- Should I take my leather soles with exposed stitching to the...
Currently, there are 1704 Active Users (332 Members and 1372 Guests)
- › things that are making you happy 2 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Advice: HK Tailor vs. Suitsupply (Budget: US$500-800) 4 minutes ago
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 5 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 10 minutes ago
- › J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 11 minutes ago
- › Aspesi Navy M65 FIELD JACKET MEDIUM 12 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...